Task title: Youth System Coordinator
Enterprise: Worldwide Rescue Committee
Occupation description: Position Overview:
The Youth Plan Coordinator is liable for utilizing academic assistance expert services for refugee youth and their family members and local community partners (which includes New York Town community college staff, universities, and local businesses) working with refugee youth. The Youth Application Coordinator has principal obligation for faculty enrollment support and the Faculty Accomplishment Method, which supports family members of newly arrived young children and youth to make a favourable adjustment to school in NYC. They also enjoy a primary position in the Newcomer Youth Summer months Academy, which supplies 6 months of intense orientation and planning for achievements in NYC community educational institutions. They get the job done intently with colleagues to assure that the Youth Application goals and aims are attained working with a holistic, collaborative technique in partnership with faculty team, husband or wife corporations, mothers and fathers, and newcomer youth on their own. This position studies to the Schooling & Understanding (E&L) Manager.
· Guide the Faculty Results Application
o Recruit, train, and deal with a staff of 4-5 Social Operate student interns to serve as Student Assist Coaches to guidance caseloads of up to 15 students each
o Oversee school enrollment course of action for all recently arrived youth in coordination with IRC caseworkers, educational facilities, and people.
o Oversee University Good results Plan implementation, like ingestion, client assessment, individualized support preparing, and implementation, team workshops, and monitoring
· Engage in a lead position in pre-plan preparing, student recruitment, caregiver engagement, and pupil help expert services for Newcomer Youth Summer months Academy (NYSA)
o Oversee scholar recruitment and enrollment for NYSA, involving outreach & coordination with family members and neighborhood lover
o Supervise method staff members and volunteers (functions & pupil assist team), as effectively as supporting day to working day system management
o Lead the NYSA student help (direction) group, building assistance expert services, overseeing their implementation, and giving counseling as needed handle disciplinary issues
· Present specialized support for Saturday Youth Tutoring and Leaders in Schooling method, workshop facilitation, & implementation
o Design and style & carry out options for father or mother/caregiver engagement during the 12 months
o Support in the scheduling and implementation of social-emotional mastering opportunities for college students
· Preserve software info and data selection methods in compliance with IRC requirements and contractual obligations, add to strengthening software monitoring
o Participate in Youth System yearly rational framework advancement and implementation, like structure checking and evaluation functions connected to College Achievement Software and NYSA
o Assure program members are correctly enrolled, and data files are up to date
o Make certain program details is regularly gathered and entered into related databases in accordance with inside program framework and contractual obligations
o Get ready annual reviews on programs supervised for internal functions, and prepare contractually expected studies for programs supervised
· Persons Management
o Handle a workforce in accordance with IRC’s Individuals Supervisor Criteria.
o Oversee scenario administration and appropriate adhere to-up, guaranteeing all expert services offered to families are correctly documented in case documents.
o Other duties as assigned
· Masters of Social Perform essential
· Seminar in Subject Instruction (SIFI) certification preferred
· A minimum amount of 3-5 years’ expertise operating with little ones and youth, exclusively in the context of academic and social applications
· Practical experience operating with refugee and/or immigrant populations demanded
· Knowledge operating with the New York Town Public School program very fascinating
· Demonstrated skill to encourage an organizational lifestyle that reflects IRC’s core values of support, accountability, integrity, and equality. Capability to guide in a way that recognizes that IRC’s operate is finest accomplished through the legitimate collaboration of people today from lots of cultures with a good selection of techniques and perspectives.
· Superb composed, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
· Attentive to detail
· Fluent in MS Office environment programs, specially MS Excel
· Ability to work perfectly with folks of diverse cultural backgrounds
· Potential and willingness to function occasional evenings and Saturdays
· Ability to operate independently and as aspect of a staff
· Organized, responsible, and adaptable: in a position to preserve responsibility for many tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced function surroundings
· Have to be fingerprinted and cleared to work by the NYC Division of Education
· Fluency in English required fluency in a 2nd language hugely desired (these as: Arabic, Burmese, French, Dari, Spanish)
Functioning Natural environment:
- Standard place of work operate environment, together with some regional journey to neighborhood-centered partners.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to offer and keep a workplace that is absolutely free of regarded hazards and our commitment to safeguard the overall health of our staff members, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish evidence of vaccination from COVID-19 in get to be regarded for any in-place of work or hybrid positions. All IRC US workplaces have to have whole vaccination to go to any in-business functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Range and Inclusivity: IRC is fully commited to developing a assorted corporation and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can add to this intention.
Equal Prospect Employer: We are an equivalent option employer and price range at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, faith, shade, countrywide origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital position, veteran standing, or incapacity status. We will ensure that folks with disabilities are presented fair lodging to take part in the position application or interview process, to complete essential position capabilities, and to receive other advantages and privileges of employment. You should speak to us to ask for lodging.
US Gains: We provide a thorough and highly competitive established of advantages. In the US, these involve: 10 unwell times, 10 US vacations, 20-25 compensated time off days depending on job and tenure, health-related insurance coverage commencing at $120 for every month, dental setting up at $7 per thirty day period, and eyesight starting at $5 per thirty day period, FSA for health care and commuter prices, a 403b retirement financial savings plans with quickly vested matching, incapacity & existence insurance plan, and an Staff Aid Plan which is available to our employees and their family members to guidance counseling and care in periods of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay out ranges utilize to US-dependent candidates. Ranges are centered on several aspects such as the labor industry, occupation style, inside equity, and price range. Exact gives are calibrated by work place, particular person prospect working experience and expertise relative to the defined work specifications.
Envisioned wage: $30 for each hour
Location: New York City, NY
Task date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 23:00:36 GMT
Implement for the occupation now!