Job title: Executive Chef 2
Job description: Unit Description
Inspire our customers through food, teach them what’s possible through sustainable resources. Sodexo is seeking our Executive Chef 2 for a potential sale in the Nebraska market. Relocation Assistance is available for candidates who live more than 90 miles from the unit in the contiguous U.S. Enjoy some Major Holidays OFF.
Implementing sustainability practices throughout all processes, this position will conduct menu planning, purchasing and ordering. Collaboration with all chefs on the teams is a marker for success for this position. Demonstrated history of consistent exceptional customer satisfaction reviews preferred. Two years Executive Chef level Management Experience Required.
Sodexo offers extensive benefits way beyond medical, dental and life insurances, we have services to help you through everyday life demands, a Matching 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and to provide a safe space and supportive environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work and develop professionally. Learn more about
Three weeks after hire, all newly hired managers will travel to participate in a three-week training at a nearby Sodexo Center for Excellence. Through this comprehensive onboarding model managers will be equipped to execute their positions at the highest level, train and lead their teams to do the same, and build a culture of excellence in their respective units.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- A strong catering background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary and catering trends prefered
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards
- Strong coaching and employee development skills
- Have a passion for food and innovation
Learn more about
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
– Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
– Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
– Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
– Manages catering & retail areas.
– Customer & Client satisfaction.
– Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
– Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Location: Des Moines, IA
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 07:50:42 GMT