Job title: Executive Assistant for University Advancement
Company: George Fox University
Job description: Benefit Eligible, Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Tuition Assistance, Life, Disability and more!
George Fox University’s Advancement team is looking for a highly motivated individual to join their team as the Executive Assistant and provide essential support to the department in achieving its goals and initiatives.
About the Job:
The Executive Assistant of University Advancement manages many aspects of the Advancement Team’s logistics and recordkeeping to ensure timely execution of projects, meetings, and events to propel the team forward in realizing priorities and achieving annual outcomes.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing logistics, data, and communication support for the Vice President of Advancement (45%).
- Monitoring and managing the Advancement budget (20%).
- Serving as the owner of team information and policies (10%).
- Representing the Advancement Office in supporting logistics of events where Advancement constituents are present (10%).
- Supporting an informed, optimistic team culture through onboarding new employees and supporting teamwork activities (10%).
- Participating in annual projects and other duties as needed (5%).
- Communicating effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students, and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words, and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role.
- Demonstrating awareness, respect, and appreciation for diversity of culture, background, race, sex, political views, expressions of faith, etc. and works well with a variety of people.
- Other duties as assigned.
- *See the full job description attached for more information!
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years of administrative support experience.
- Excellent aptitude for managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Superb professionalism and people skills.
- A resilient and adaptive attitude that is results-oriented.
- An ability to collaborate across teams and divisions to deliver a good product.
- A demonstrated ability to organize events and work well with logistics.
- Experience with budget software.
- Excellent MS Office, Zoom, and other applicable software skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a church. In addition, employees agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
George Fox University has been transforming student’s lives for 125 years. We are a Christ-centered community that prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join us in creating transformational experiences for our students.
Being a part of our community means a commitment to faith and to a lifestyle that is consistent with the university’s mission as described in the and on our website.
As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in our community.
What is most appealing about working at George Fox University?
- Faith-friendly: Our culture is unique for higher education. At George Fox you can pursue academic excellence while integrating scriptures, praying with staff members and students at work, and helping to make an impact on the world in a way that promotes Christian values.
- Unapologetically Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: You are able to use your God-given talents and abilities while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings, at which they will be able to glorify the kingdom of God just as they have seen you do.
For your personal well-being we offer:
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions.
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population.
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by.
- Free Fitness Center membership.
- Free parking.
- Rich employee benefit package.
Application Procedures – kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Letter of Interest and Curriculum Vitae or Resume:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon’s largest private and nationally recognized Christian University!
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
**Have questions or need assistance with our application process? Contact [email protected]
George Fox University – Staff and Administrator
Location: Newberg, OR
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 07:19:34 GMT