Position title: Immigration Staff Legal professional, Affirmative Products and services
Firm: Jewish Loved ones Company
Task description: Description :
Position Title: Immigration Team Lawyer
Business: Jewish Loved ones Services of San Diego
Office: Immigration Solutions Section – Affirmative Products and services
Placement Form: Entire-Time (37.5+ several hours/7 days), Exempt
Operate Location: Onsite
Experiences To:Directing Legal professional
In addition to normal shell out, payment for this situation incorporates:
- In depth, small-price tag health care protection for workforce
- Generous employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer-included daily life insurance coverage
Time Away from Operate:
Staying equipped to take time away from get the job done is important in bringing your greatest self to perform. Time off benefits for this place consist of:
- Generous paid out holiday vacation time and unwell depart
- COVID-19 unwell spend for staff not able to function owing to quarantine or isolation
- 14 noticed Federal and Jewish vacations
- 3 floating vacations each and every year, which staff members select from about 60 religious holiday seasons and neighborhood days of great importance
- 2 Wellness Times to be taken any time through the calendar year to support employees’ psychological wellness
- 4:00pm close time just about every Friday
Jewish Spouse and children Support of San Diego has a obligation to supply and retain a place of work that safeguards the health and fitness of our employees and their families, our visitors, our volunteers, and the local community from the COVID-19 virus. To assistance avert the infection and spread of COVID-19, JFS necessitates that all its staff members be fully vaccinated from COVID-19. We make lodging for qualified professional medical and spiritual exemptions, which can be talked over upon use.
JFS is on the lookout for a compassionate, mission-driven personal to be a part of the Immigration Legal Solutions Office on a new Afghan Authorized Solutions software as an Immigration Team Attorney. In this role, you have the possibility to use your capabilities and qualities to operate with the Afghan group who had been recently evacuated from Afghanistan and to make a meaningful change in your group and assistance alter lives across San Diego. The Immigration Personnel Attorney place performs an integral purpose on the group and supports the overall company by helping to prepare and depict scenarios before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Products and services and the Section of State to permit Afghans who have been evacuated achieve long lasting immigration aid in the United States. This place reviews immediately to the Directing Lawyer and functions carefully with 3 other team users who are tasked with helping the Afghan Authorized Guidance System and the rest of the Immigration Authorized Solutions group. Underneath the supervision of the Directing Lawyer, the Immigration Employees Legal professional will be responsible for delivering direct authorized representation to JFS clientele in immigration conditions, such as illustration right before EOIR (Immigration Courts and BIA), Federal Circuit Courts, and DHS businesses this sort of as USCIS, CBP, and ICE. The Immigration Personnel Legal professional will also assistance the broader initiatives of the JFS Immigration Services Staff. Immigration Staff members Lawyers have to have the capabilities and practical experience shown down below.
Jewish Family members Services of San Diego (JFS) is just one of 4 refugee resettlement companies in San Diego County, a Section of Justice Recognized corporation, and a main lover of the San Diego Quick Reaction Community (SDRRN) – a group of 40+ immigrant rights and social services companies, attorneys and neighborhood leaders who teach, secure and aid immigrant individuals and family members – including refugees and asylum seekers – with legal guidance and social services. JFS has a big Immigration Authorized Solutions Division (ILSD) where by it not only coordinates the authorized companies for SDRRN, but also has a significant crew of legal professionals, DOJ accredited associates, and assist employees working on a broad assortment of providers for reduced-cash flow and vulnerable immigrants in San Diego and Imperial counties. This placement will get the job done in just the ILSD staff at JFS. The ILSD workforce specializes in elimination protection, relatives-based mostly petitions and programs, administrative reduction, naturalization, and humanitarian relief. The ILSD group has expertise and on a regular basis practices immigration legislation right before Office of Homeland Stability (DHS), such as with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Providers (USCIS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Border Patrol (BP) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP), as well as ahead of the Govt Office environment for Immigration Evaluation (EOIR) at the San Diego, Otay Mesa and Imperial Immigration Courts and Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and the U.S. Courtroom of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. The ILSD crew also represents clientele in related immigration matters right before San Diego Remarkable Court on simple publish-conviction aid and probate guardianship issues. The ILSD is also the lawful assistance provider which coordinates the Higher Education and learning Legal Services (HELS) system at 2 CA Condition Universities – San Diego Point out and CSU San Marcos, in addition to 9 neighborhood schools in San Diego and Imperial counties.
- Cope with sophisticated legal concerns of small-cash flow immigrant populations.
- Carry out immigration authorized screenings and connect correctly with possible purchasers.
- Remain in constant interaction with customers about the position of their pending immigration circumstances.
- Give eligibility and possibility assessment for people and households trying to find immigration illustration in advance of the DHS and EOIR, and point out and district courts as required.
- Have an exceptional monitor report in getting ready effective immigration filings right before USCIS, EOIR, ICE, BP, CBP’s Business of Discipline Functions (OFO), point out and/or district courts.
- Efficiently manage and coordinate a complete caseload of lively circumstances.
- Participate in group workshops, facts periods, and other outreach things to do, as necessary.
- Coordinate and document shopper communications.
- Continue to be up to date on quickly shifting immigration laws and policies.
- Comply with data and program reporting needs.
- Be ready to perform any supplemental case administration or administrative tasks.
Skills/Qualities That Are a Ought to-Have:
- A Juris Doctorate degree with membership in superior standing with a point out bar everywhere in the United States
- A passion for social justice for immigrants.
- A enthusiasm for supplying culturally competent, trauma-educated, products and services to noncitizens and newcomers in San Diego County, Imperial County, and usually in the San Diego border location, like but not minimal Tijuana/Mexicali, Mexico.
- A willingness to bear substantial immigration regulation-concentrated legal education and entire essential bi-annual ethics trainings.
- A minimal of 1 year of immigration legal knowledge.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, such as great communication and energetic listening skills.
- Depth oriented and self-directed with sturdy oral and prepared conversation techniques in English.
- An skill to record correct knowledge.
- Strong relational abilities and skilled mind-set.
- Sturdy case administration, authorized research, and lawful creating expertise.
- A shown capacity and willingness to zealously protect the legal rights of immigrants.
- A demonstrated potential to consider initiative and function under strain.
- An capacity to work both of those independently and in a team and with a staff.
- An potential to do the job versatile hours, such as some evenings and weekends.
- Skill to prioritize, multi-undertaking and organize in a fast paced and fluid natural environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft software package together with Excel, Phrase, and Outlook.
- A enthusiasm for our mission and get the job done.
- Multilingual English/Arabic, Spanish, Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Haitian Creole, and/or Portuguese – desired.
Skills and capabilities we’d like you to have:
- Experience doing the job with detained immigrants or other incarcerated populations.
- Knowledge doing work with migrants from other international locations, particularly individuals from Afghanistan.
- Knowledge working with marginalized populations and survivors of trauma.
- Determination to serving immigrant communities with a sincere dedication to doing work on behalf of small-profits immigrants.
Incomplete submissions will not be regarded as. Please, no cell phone phone calls. Please, principals only. Be sure to, nearby candidates only (relocation is not offered).
About Jewish Family members Services of San Diego
Jewish Loved ones Services of San Diego is a shopper-centered, effects-driven firm functioning to establish a stronger, much more resilient group. For more than 100 many years, Jewish Loved ones Provider has been a reliable useful resource for the full group, giving an array of services that are normally existence-transforming, and frequently lifestyle-saving. At Jewish Family members Support, we imagine our workers are the spine of our Agency. We try to be certain that every single employee is taken care of with dignity and respect. Our aim is your success. Arrive perform at JFS and be our associate in Going Ahead Jointly. To learn a lot more about JFS, be sure to stop by jfssd.org.
*Jewish Household Provider is an equal option employer. All applicants will be viewed as for work with no focus to race, coloration, faith, sexual intercourse, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability standing.
Location: San Diego, CA
Career day: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 01:52:24 GMT
Utilize for the work now!