Job title: Account Executive, News Service of Florida
Company: Government Executive Media Group LLC
Job description: About News Service of Florida
The News Service of Florida is the state’s most comprehensive and in-depth source of political and policy news. We have the largest capitol new bureau in the state. Our subscribers depend on us for timely, unbiased, and detailed coverage of state government, including legislative and budgetary issues, the courts, the Florida economy, and much more. News Service of Florida subscribers includes Florida legislative and political leadership, media outlets, lobbyists, corporations, associations, non-profits, and law offices of every size.
News Service of Florida is seeking an Account Executive to join our subscription sales team. In this role, you will be an accomplished sales professional with strong consultative sales skills and a solid understanding of B2B subscription businesses.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and services to identify new potential subscribers
- Identify new business opportunities and meet monthly sales revenue targets
- Prepare prospect proposals and presentations; provide reports when requested
- Maintain existing renewal subscriptions and upsell new products
- Build relationships and understand customer business to provide value-based solutions
- Knowledge of Florida politics and government
- Experience selling B2B subscriptions to senior executives within either media organizations, private corporations, governments or academics
- Demonstrated experience meeting and exceeding new business sales targets
- Exceptional networking skills; able to engage target organizations to win business
- Strong communicator with the ability to sell consultatively and tailor subscription solutions
- Proficient in relevant software including Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work — particularly when, where, and how it gets done — has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates (“GovExec”) are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 07:24:46 GMT